June 2014 will see the return of BU’s Festival of Learning. Last year’s event saw over 4,000 visitors to over 100 events in just 2 weeks. This year there are even more opportunities to learn something new with events grouped within 8 themes, including Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth, many of which are specifically designed for businesses and professional development.
These events offer an opportunity to network, learn something new or update an existing skill.
Subjects covered include computer animation, media production, software systems, artificial intelligence, business incubation, crowdsourcing and more. There are also a wide range of industry specific events that will that will appeal to those who work in the creative, digital and media sectors.
To find out more about all of their events just take a look at their website. As well as finding out about events for your business or career there, are also a wide range of events to take your friends and family along to.
To save you some of the legwork, we’ve also been through and picked out some of the most relevant events for the creative and digital sectors:
- Finance for a digital and creative Dorset & the Silicon South vision
- An introduction to Arduino: Software meets hardware
- Cuddly kittens, awesome lasers and free food (Interactive Media Production Course showcase – great for talent spotting)
- Data as a utility and analytics as a service
- Motion capture technology in our life
- Serious games
- 3D printing: Understanding the technology and the law
- Attention web designers: You have 50 milliseconds to make a good first impression!
- Media training workshop: Impressing the press
- What do we learn by playing video games?
- Hour of code – Learn to write a computer program in one hour
- Data scientist: The sexiest job of the 21st century?
- Creative coding in Scratch
- Creative coding in Python
- Public relations and news: A PR literacy workshop and presentation
- The newspaper journalist: An endangered species?
- Understanding the gamers’ experience
- Better boards, better performance: The work of directors of SMEs
- Creative coding in Processing
- An afternoon with entrepreneurs
- A debate session on digital addiction
- How to improve your teamwork
- Online, open and free: Are Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs) the means to develop your staff?
- Crowdsourcing: How to get jobs done by the crowd
- Is gaming the new reading?